Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Waiting Children on My Mind

I can't help but continue to look at pictures of children who are still waiting for their families to find them. I am drawn to so many of them, but there is no way we have the resources right now to adopt again. They pull at my heart, though, so I thought I would share right here some of the sweet faces that call to me in hopes that their families find them!
  Roxie is an adorable little girl who is 4 years old. She has Down syndrome, with no known heart issues. Roxie is healthy, outgoing, lovable, very social, and happy. This sweet little girl loves to play with the other children. She is speaking (simple words), and her motor skills are good. Roxie is ready for her family to come and bring her home!
I mean, seriously though. Look at that face!! She is perfection! Roxie is in China. To learn more about her, click here! **UPDATE! A fantastic family has committed to Roxie!!

This handsome boy likes to giggle when he plays. Yule is an outgoing little guy who likes to play with other children and will share his toys. He likes to play with cars and blocks and loves to listen to music. His caretakers describe him as an unforgettable good child and hope he finds a family soon. Are you ready to snuggle or play cars with this sweet little boy?
I have loved "Yule" for so long!! He is just SO darling! He is a four year old little boy with Down syndrome waiting in China. He has quite a sizable grant growing on Reece's Rainbow, too! Click here for more information on Yule! (P.S. I've also seen video of him from his agency. HE'S SO CUTE!!)

Ava enjoys participating in classes and motor activities; she dances, exercises, and draws. She executes given instructions, cooperates in group with her peers, and sometimes plays alone. She uses single words more and more. She is a cheerful, sensitive, and friendly girl; she smiles often. She displays emotions of happiness and sadness. During walks she likes to walk in a pair with someone. In the playground she uses toys, swings, cars, slide and she plays in the sandpit. 
I love this little girl from the bottom of my heart! Seriously! She is so, so beautiful! She is four years old and has Down syndrome and is from an Eastern European country. If you're interested in more information, please email me at whitneybarrus@yahoo.com.

Kent is an adorable baby boy who is just 2 years old! He came into care when he was 4 months old, and they began working with him immediately to strengthen his muscles. Kent has Down syndrome, and a VSD (6mm) with left atrium enlargement. He may require a surgical procedure to plug the ASD. Kent’s development is delayed, as would be expected. When he turned 1 year old, he was not yet sitting alone, or crawling. He will need more time, and attention, before he masters these milestones.
Kent is a precious baby boy. He is very alert, and very engaging. His receptive language is very good, and he is beginning to make sounds to communicate with the nannies. His favorite activity is listening to music and being hugged. I cannot argue with that! Kent needs a family to love him, and help him reach his full potential. This sweet boy is waiting for you!
I love this little face! Kent sounds like such a sweet boy! He has Down syndrome and is in China. To find out more about Kent, click here.

Recently turned two year old, Frankie is diagnosed with Down syndrome. Frankie can sit alone and can crawl. He can imitate adults’ actions, can bang two blocks together, and can stack blocks. Frankie knows his name and reacts when called. His language development is delayed. Basic sign language would be a great option for him at this time. Frankie is outgoing, cute, and lovely. He likes to lie close on people. When there is music playing, he will shake his hands happily and shake his hips. His favorite toys are cars. Frankie is one unforgettable boy!
Last, but certainly not least, Frankie!! I LOVE HIM!! Seriously, someone needs to commit to him before I make a very irrational decision. The problem is...he looks so much like Milo!! It makes me want to go get him ASAP and have twinner brothers ;) That's not going to happen, though, so someone I love needs to get him! To find out more about this darling little love, click here!

There are so, so many waiting children that I love. These are a few that I think about constantly and I'd really love to see them find wonderful forever families. I see the difference it makes for Milo, and I can't help but want that for all these children. I also know how Milo is changing our family for the better, and I know that in reality, WE are the ones that are most blessed for adopting him! Please consider adopting one of these beautiful children; you'll wonder what you ever did without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment